READ TUESDAY, 1ST OPPORTUNITY
In an effort to promote reading, we will create one post on Tuesdays (not necessarily every Tuesday) from now until the big event on Tuesday, December 9, featuring selected promotions that help to inspire interest in reading.
We will feature:
- books with special, short-term promotional pricing
- new releases available for pre-order
Each book featured must:
- inspire interest in reading
- be relevant to teens, tweens, or children
- have content that is parent-approved
(Not what you’re looking for? Scroll down below for the second opportunity, which includes books for adults as well as younger audiences.)
Novels are okay, as long as they are suitable for teens or younger audiences.
This promotion is designed to help parents who are looking for material that may inspire their kids to read.
This promotion is also good for authors who write books that they hope will inspire kids to read.
The spirit is to promote reading interest and literacy.
Readers can learn about these promotions by:
- Clicking the button on the Read Tuesday website to follow the Read Tuesday blog.
- Following Read Tuesday at Twitter.
- Following Read Tuesday at Facebook.
- Visiting the Read Tuesday website, then clicking “the blog” link to find articles.
Authors can submit requests by:
- Clicking the Contact Us button on the Read Tuesday website.
- Including your name, the title of the book, the publication date.
- Identifying the precise genre or subject of the book.
- Indicating the target age group (must be relevant for teens, tweens, or a younger audience).
- Confirming that your book is parent-approved.
- Stating whether your book will be a pre-order or a special, limitied time sale price.
- For pre-orders, indicate when the pre-order begins and the publication date.
- For promotions, indicate the regular price, sale price, date(s), and where the book will be available.
- Note that not all requests may be honored, especially if there are many requests. (But in the early days of this promotion, you may have better odds of having your request honored. Hint, hint. Anyway, it doesn’t hurt to ask.)
- Note that we may not be able to respond to all requests, especially if there are many requests.
- Please allow ample time to consider your request.
- There is zero cost. 🙂
In the event that we have more requests than we can accommodate, we will consider the following in making our decision:
- Which books are most relevant to the spirit of promoting interest in reading and improving literacy?
- How well-written and well-edited does the book appear?
- Which books appear to be most marketable?
- Which books appear to be a best fit for the Read Tuesday audience?
Read Tuesday will likely not be able to respond to all requests for pre-orders or promotions. If you do not hear back, it probably means that your request could not be honored, either because it wasn’t eligible or because there were other submissions that appeared to be a better fit at the time.
Authors are fully responsible for the books that they submit. Read Tuesday doesn’t have the manpower to read every submission and verify that it is parent-approved. If a book turns out not to be parent-approved, that is the responsibility of the author. If you find a promoted book that you believe is not parent-approved, please contact Read Tuesday. We will look into the matter and, if appropriate, remove that book from the promotion on Read Tuesday.
READ TUESDAY, 2ND OPPORTUNITY
The second opportunity is open to virtually all genres and subjects, and all age levels, including adults.
The books for this second opportunity do not need to be parent-approved. (We will have categories to help everyone find relevant content.)
Read Tuesday falls on Tuesday, December 9 in 2014. It will be a huge Black Friday type of event just for book lovers.
It will be a great opportunity to buy and gift books at amazing sales prices.
It will also be a great marketing opportunity for authors and publishers.
The Read Tuesday website will feature the following deals on Tuesday, December 9, 2014:
- Kindle Countdown Deals (in the US and in the UK).
- Kindle freebies.
- Smashwords discount codes (40% minimum).
- Amazon MatchBook offers with FREE Kindle offers. Give the print edition as a gift, keep the free Kindle e-book for yourself. (With the MatchBook offers, the Kindle edition will only be free if the print edition is purchased from Amazon first.)
- New releases available for preorder.
- Free supplemental material for children’s, tween, and teen books, with the spirit of promoting literacy and improving reading fluency and comprehension.
Authors and publishers can participate in Read Tuesday by signing up for one (or more) of the options listed above. An announcement will be made when sign-up becomes available. Participation is free.
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2014
Give the gift of reading this holiday season.
Chris McMullen, founder of Read Tuesday