The time has come,
A wonderful day,
For those who love books,
called Read Tuesday.
Like Black Friday,
But not for television;
Give the gift of reading
This holiday season.
Read Tuesday is now accepting submissions for:
- Kindle Countdown Deals that include Tuesday, December 9, 2014. (Please try it out and verify that dates are possible before you sign up.)
- Temporary Kindle price reductions that include Tuesday, December 9, 2014. (Please try it out and verify that the lower price is possible before you sign up.)
- Temporary freebie that includes Tuesday, December 9, 2014.
- It’s okay to start early and end late. This might be to your advantage.
Listing on Read Tuesday is FREE.
Sign up by clicking here. This will take you to a one-page Google Docs form to complete. If you have any trouble with the form, please use the Contact Us button on the Read Tuesday website.
More opportunities, like Smashwords discount codes, will come. Look for additional announcements.
NEED YOUR SUPPORT
Please support the Read Tuesday Thunderclap. This will help spread awareness on the morning of Read Tuesday (December 9, 2014).
We currently have 37 supporters. We could use hundreds more.
We currently have a social media reach of 68, 184.
Every supporter helps. Even if you have a small following, your help is greatly appreciated.
Why does it matter?
- More supporters shows that Read Tuesday is a big event.
- A greater social media reach shows that Read Tuesday will reach many readers.
- More readers attract more authors to enroll their books. This is great for readers.
- More authors attract more readers to participate. This is great for authors.
- When you—yes, YOU—sign up for the Thunderclap, it helps to attract more readers and authors, which helps everyone.
It’s easy to help:
- Visit http://thndr.it/1CkO2Bg.
- Click Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr and sign in.
- Customize the message. (Optional.)
- Agree to the terms. All that will happen is that the Thunderclap post about Read Tuesday will go out the morning of December 9.
- (The warning message simply means that Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr need your permission to post the Thunderclap message on December 9. This is the only post that Thunderclap will make.)
Read Tuesday is a Black Friday type of event just for book lovers. In 2014, it will be held on Tuesday, December 9, 2014.
- Readers can learn more here: https://readtuesday.com/readers.
- Authors can learn more here: https://readtuesday.com/authors.
Selected Tuesdays will feature promotions or pre-orders of children’s, tween, or teen books.
Authors can find submission instructions and requirements here: https://readtuesday.com/2014/09/14/two-read-tuesday-opportunities-for-readers-and-authors.
Looking for some spooky books to read this Halloween month?
READ TUESDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2014
Give the gift of reading this holiday season.
Chris McMullen, founder of Read Tuesday
Follow Read Tuesday (@ReadTuesday) on Twitter
Like the Read Tuesday page at Facebook