You love Black Friday for electronics. You shop for clothes on Cyber Monday.
But what about books?
Well, there’s Read Tuesday for that. In 2014, Read Tuesday falls on December 9. Mark your calendar.
If you missed Read Tuesday in 2013, you can still enjoy it this year.
We updated the header for our website (illustrated by artist Melissa Stevens). Feel free to use any of the Read Tuesday images to help spread awareness of the event in a positive way. Many supporters add the logo image to the sidebar of their blog, for example.
Authors can participate in Read Tuesday for FREE:
- Create a Kindle promotional price that includes Tuesday, December 9. Submit a Kindle promotion here.
- Create a Smashwords discount code. Submit a Smashwords discount code.
- Create a CreateSpace discount code. Submit a CreateSpace discount code.
- Create a MatchBook offer with a free Kindle price. Submit your free MatchBook offer here.
- More opportunities to participate are coming. Check back soon.
With over a month to get more support, we already have 63 supporters and a combined social reach of 190,000 people for the Thunderclap promotion that we’re launching the morning of the event (see below for how you can help—it’s easy).
We’ll also be promoting the event. We have a couple of BIG names interested in helping out with that, and we’re building on our success from last year. Amazingly, all this exposure comes at no cost to authors.
If only authors could find some free publicity… Hey, here it is! Don’t miss out. Authors can begin signing up today (see above).
HELP SPREAD THE WORD
Please support the Read Tuesday Thunderclap. This will help spread awareness on the morning of Read Tuesday (December 9, 2014).
It’s easy to help:
- Visit http://thndr.it/1CkO2Bg.
- Click Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr and sign in.
- Customize the message. (Optional.)
- Agree to the terms. All that will happen is that the Thunderclap post about Read Tuesday will go out the morning of December 9.
- (The warning message simply means that Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr need your permission to post the Thunderclap message on December 9. This is the only post that Thunderclap will make.)
Read Tuesday is a Black Friday type of event just for book lovers. In 2014, it will be held on Tuesday, December 9, 2014.
It’s a great deal for readers and gift-givers.
It’s FREE promotion for authors. We’re promoting the event. You just need to sign up. (Use the forms above.)
We currently have a social media reach of 186,000 (as of Halloween—we have over a month to greatly increase this figure) for our Read Tuesday Thunderclap campaign to help launch the event. You can help by signing up for the Thunderclap, and you can take advantage of this free exposure just by participating.
- Readers can learn more here: https://readtuesday.com/readers.
- Authors can learn more here: https://readtuesday.com/authors.
READ TUESDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2014
Give the gift of reading this holiday season.
Chris McMullen, founder of Read Tuesday
Follow Read Tuesday (@ReadTuesday) on Twitter
Like the Read Tuesday page at Facebook