READ TUESDAY AUTHORS
Authors can now sign up to appear on the Read Tuesday author page.
This year, we’ll post the author pictures and information on a Meet the Authors page on the Read Tuesday website. (We might also link these images to Pinterest, but that’s still up in the air. We’ll definitely post them on Read Tuesday.)
In addition to images, you’ll be able to provide a little other information, like a brief description.
After your name, a question asks you to say something short and witty, but really you can write anything (appropriate for a general audience) you want about yourself or your books in this space. Don’t sweat it. 🙂
First complete (at least) one other form to sign up (at least) one of your books, and then you can fill out the form to appear on the author page.
As soon as we have a good number of participants, we’ll begin posting authors on our website.
So the sooner you sign up, the more exposure you’ll get.
The Read Tuesday page was popular.
Readers like to see which authors will be participating.
Other authors like to see who else is participating.
It’s your chance to get Read Tuesday readers and gift-givers interested in you and your books so that when Read Tuesday rolls around, they are looking specifically for your book(s).
Here is the form to sign up to appear on the author page:
Authors can participate in Read Tuesday for FREE:
- Create a Kindle promotional price that includes Tuesday, December 9. Submit a Kindle promotion here.
- Create a Smashwords discount code. Submit a Smashwords discount code.
- Create a CreateSpace discount code. Submit a CreateSpace discount code.
- Create a MatchBook offer with a free Kindle price. Submit your free MatchBook offer here.
- More opportunities to participate are coming. Check back soon.
HELP SPREAD THE WORD
Please support the Read Tuesday Thunderclap. This will help spread awareness on the morning of Read Tuesday (December 9, 2014).
It’s easy to help:
- Visit http://thndr.it/1CkO2Bg.
- Click Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr and sign in.
- Customize the message. (Optional.)
- Agree to the terms. All that will happen is that the Thunderclap post about Read Tuesday will go out the morning of December 9.
- (The warning message simply means that Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr need your permission to post the Thunderclap message on December 9. This is the only post that Thunderclap will make.)
Read Tuesday is a Black Friday type of event just for book lovers. In 2014, it will be held on Tuesday, December 9, 2014.
It’s a great deal for readers and gift-givers.
It’s FREE promotion for authors. We’re promoting the event. You just need to sign up. (Use the forms above.)
We currently have a social media reach of 186,000 (as of Halloween—we have over a month to greatly increase this figure) for our Read Tuesday Thunderclap campaign to help launch the event. You can help by signing up for the Thunderclap, and you can take advantage of this free exposure just by participating.
- Readers can learn more here: https://readtuesday.com/readers.
- Authors can learn more here: https://readtuesday.com/authors.
READ TUESDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2014
Give the gift of reading this holiday season.
Chris McMullen, founder of Read Tuesday
Follow Read Tuesday (@ReadTuesday) on Twitter
Like the Read Tuesday page at Facebook