Everyone who has supported Read Tuesday: Thank you very much.
We couldn’t have a Black Friday event just for books on December 9, 2014 if not for your support.
Thanks to everyone who has:
- Supported the Thunderclap to announce Read Tuesday with a bang on December 9. We presently have 87 supporters with a combined social reach of nearly 300,000. Every supporter is much appreciated. We still have a month to really build these numbers up.
- Liked the Read Tuesday Facebook page. We like your likes. 🙂
- Followed Read Tuesday at Twitter (@ReadTuesday).
- Retweeted posts about Read Tuesday. We appreciate the tweets and the cool hashtags. (However, please remember that there are a few groups out there who may not appreciate their hashtags being used for Read Tuesday.)
- Reblogged Read Tuesday posts. Thank you for helping to spread the news about the event.
- Told a friend about Read Tuesday. Word-of-mouth publicity is like gold. We love it! 🙂
- Submitted a book to participate in Read Tuesday. Authors, see below.
- Made a note to remember to check out the Read Tuesday catalog on December 9. Don’t miss it.
- Helped in any way to support Read Tuesday.
Here is a little marketing tip for authors.
What’s better than a reblog or retweet? I mean, better for you. You could make a short post about how your books will be participating in Read Tuesday. This way, you get to promote your books and the event at the same time. Even better, since you’re promoting the event, it doesn’t sound like the usual self-promotion. By getting people interested in the event, they might discover your books at the same time. Well, the potential is there.
I know some authors have already lined up posts for early December regarding their books’ participation in Read Tuesday. Great idea!
A Read Tuesday Meet-the-Authors page will be unveiled soon (perhaps tomorrow). Check it out when it comes. Authors who would like early exposure (where there are fewer authors displayed on the same page) should sign up soon.
Here is the form to sign up to appear on the author page:
Authors can participate in Read Tuesday for FREE:
- Create a Kindle promotional price that includes Tuesday, December 9. Submit a Kindle promotion here.
- Create a Smashwords discount code. Submit a Smashwords discount code.
- Create a CreateSpace discount code. Submit a CreateSpace discount code.
- Create a MatchBook offer with a free Kindle price. Submit your free MatchBook offer here.
- More opportunities to participate are coming. Check back soon.
Submission is easy and should go smoothly—you just fill out a Google Docs form. However, if you encounter any issues, have questions, receive an error message, or see a symptom that might suggest that your information didn’t save, please use the Contact Us form on the Read Tuesday website.
HELP SPREAD THE WORD
Please support the Read Tuesday Thunderclap. This will help spread awareness on the morning of Read Tuesday (December 9, 2014).
It’s easy to help:
- Visit http://thndr.it/1CkO2Bg.
- Click Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr and sign in.
- Customize the message. (Optional.)
- Agree to the terms. All that will happen is that the Thunderclap post about Read Tuesday will go out the morning of December 9.
- (The warning message simply means that Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr need your permission to post the Thunderclap message on December 9. This is the only post that Thunderclap will make.)
Read Tuesday is a Black Friday type of event just for book lovers. In 2014, it will be held on Tuesday, December 9, 2014.
It’s a great deal for readers and gift-givers.
It’s FREE promotion for authors. We’re promoting the event. You just need to sign up. (Use the forms above.)
- Readers can learn more here: https://readtuesday.com/readers.
- Authors can learn more here: https://readtuesday.com/authors.
READ TUESDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2014
Give the gift of reading this holiday season.
Chris McMullen, founder of Read Tuesday
Follow Read Tuesday (@ReadTuesday) on Twitter
Like the Read Tuesday page at Facebook