MEET THE AUTHORS
Here is your chance to meet some of the authors who have already pre-registered for Read Tuesday—it’s like a Black Friday just for books on December 9, 2014. (Mark your calendar.)
This new page on the Read Tuesday website features Read Tuesday authors, including photos and brief descriptions. (This year, it isn’t a Pinterest page, although we might make one of those, too, as it looked nice last year.)
Want to learn more about any of the authors? Click on the link to visit the author’s site.
Authors: Please check your info. If the photo is missing, it’s probably because the link needs to end with .png or .jpeg. Leave a comment or use the Contact Us option and we can try to find a solution. If you’d like to make any changes (e.g. if the “witty” remark question didn’t come out right), let us know.
If you’re an author who isn’t on this page, you can participate in Read Tuesday. It’s free. See below. (Note that the meet-the-author page will be updated once a week or so.)
Authors can participate in Read Tuesday for FREE:
- Create a Kindle promotional price that includes Tuesday, December 9. Submit a Kindle promotion here.
- Create a Smashwords discount code. Submit a Smashwords discount code.
- Create a CreateSpace discount code. Submit a CreateSpace discount code.
- Create a MatchBook offer with a free Kindle price. Submit your free MatchBook offer here.
- After completing one of the forms above, you’re eligible to become part of the Meet-the-Authors page: Sign up for the Meet the Author Page.
- More opportunities to participate are coming. Check back soon.
Submission is easy and should go smoothly—you just fill out a Google Docs form. However, if you encounter any issues, have questions, receive an error message, or see a symptom that might suggest that your information didn’t save, please use the Contact Us form on the Read Tuesday website.
HELP SPREAD THE WORD
Please support the Read Tuesday Thunderclap. This will help spread awareness on the morning of Read Tuesday (December 9, 2014).
It’s easy to help:
- Visit http://thndr.it/1CkO2Bg.
- Click Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr and sign in.
- Customize the message. (Optional.)
- Agree to the terms. All that will happen is that the Thunderclap post about Read Tuesday will go out the morning of December 9.
- (The warning message simply means that Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr need your permission to post the Thunderclap message on December 9. This is the only post that Thunderclap will make.)
Read Tuesday is a Black Friday type of event just for book lovers. In 2014, it will be held on Tuesday, December 9, 2014.
It’s a great deal for readers and gift-givers.
It’s FREE promotion for authors. We’re promoting the event. You just need to sign up. (Use the forms above.)
- Readers can learn more here: https://readtuesday.com/readers.
- Authors can learn more here: https://readtuesday.com/authors.
READ TUESDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2014
Give the gift of reading this holiday season.
Chris McMullen, founder of Read Tuesday
Follow Read Tuesday (@ReadTuesday) on Twitter
Like the Read Tuesday page at Facebook