FREE PRINT BOOKS
Read Tuesday is a Black Friday type of event just for book lovers on Tuesday, December 9, 2014.
Not only is it a great deal for readers and gift-givers, but authors can sign up for free.
There are many ways to participate, which provides nice variety for book lovers:
- Kindle sale prices.
- Smashwords discount codes.
- Buy the print edition, get the Kindle edition free through MatchBook (great for giving a gift and keeping the Kindle edition for yourself).
- CreateSpace discount codes (for those who enjoy paperback savings).
- And now there is an option for FREE print editions.
There are two ways to give away a free print edition:
- Create a Goodreads giveaway that includes December 9, 2014 (it’s okay to start early or end late) and submit your giveaway using the appropriate Google Docs form below. There are two attractive features of this option: (1) Many readers trust Goodreads and (2) shipping is FREE.
- Give author copies away from your author website. You must have a Contact option on your website. Realize that customers are more likely to appreciate this option if you offer free shipping. If you want to charge shipping that costs as much as many mass market paperbacks, it may be hard to attract people through this option.
The free print book option enables many traditionally published authors who don’t have control over their prices to participate in Read Tuesday. The best option is the Goodreads giveaway (many traditional publisher and traditionally published authors run such giveaways).
You don’t have to be traditionally published to participate—Read Tuesday is open to all authors.
Authors can participate in Read Tuesday for FREE:
- Create a free print book giveaway. Submit a free print book giveaway here.
- Create a Kindle promotional price that includes Tuesday, December 9. Submit a Kindle promotion here.
- Create a Smashwords discount code. Submit a Smashwords discount code.
- Create a CreateSpace discount code. Submit a CreateSpace discount code.
- Create a MatchBook offer with a free Kindle price. Submit your free MatchBook offer here.
- After completing one of the forms above, you’re eligible to become part of the Meet-the-Authors page: Sign up for the Meet the Author Page.
- More opportunities to participate are coming. Check back soon.
Submission is easy and should go smoothly—you just fill out a Google Docs form. However, if you encounter any issues, have questions, receive an error message, or see a symptom that might suggest that your information didn’t save, please use the Contact Us form on the Read Tuesday website.
HELP SPREAD THE WORD
Please support the Read Tuesday Thunderclap. This will help spread awareness on the morning of Read Tuesday (December 9, 2014).
It’s easy to help:
- Visit http://thndr.it/1CkO2Bg.
- Click Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr and sign in.
- Customize the message. (Optional.)
- Agree to the terms. All that will happen is that the Thunderclap post about Read Tuesday will go out the morning of December 9.
- (The warning message simply means that Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr need your permission to post the Thunderclap message on December 9. This is the only post that Thunderclap will make.)
Read Tuesday is a Black Friday type of event just for book lovers. In 2014, it will be held on Tuesday, December 9, 2014.
It’s a great deal for readers and gift-givers.
Meet some of the participating authors here: https://readtuesday.com/meet-the-authors.
It’s FREE promotion for authors. We’re promoting the event. You just need to sign up. (Use the forms above.)
- Readers can learn more here: https://readtuesday.com/readers.
- Authors can learn more here: https://readtuesday.com/authors.
READ TUESDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2014
Give the gift of reading this holiday season.
Chris McMullen, founder of Read Tuesday
Follow Read Tuesday (@ReadTuesday) on Twitter
Like the Read Tuesday page at Facebook