SPREADING THE NEWS
Read Tuesday is a Black Friday type of event just for book lovers on December 9, 2014.
Authors can participate for free. Signing up and participating is easy.
Readers and gift-givers just need to browse the Read Tuesday catalog in early December. Find the books you like here, but buy them at Amazon or Smashwords like normal. Except for saving big, of course.
To help spread the news, we have a ThunderClap promotion scheduled for the morning of December 9.
Our ThunderClap currently has a social reach of over 300,000 through 100 supporters (thank you, everyone), with 18 days left to improve these numbers. We have our sights set on a million, and we’re nearly one-third the way there.
What the ThunderClap does is announce the big Read Tuesday sale by synchronizing posts on Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr. It’s easy to add your support (see below).
The ThunderClap promotion is just one way to spread the news about Read Tuesday. Word-of-mouth from authors and readers alike really helps. If you’re looking forward to huge book savings on Read Tuesday, tell your friends.
HELP SPREAD THE WORD
Please support the Read Tuesday Thunderclap. This will help spread awareness on the morning of Read Tuesday (December 9, 2014).
It’s easy to help:
- Visit http://thndr.it/1CkO2Bg.
- Click Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr and sign in.
- Customize the message. (Optional.)
- Agree to the terms. All that will happen is that the Thunderclap post about Read Tuesday will go out the morning of December 9.
- (The warning message simply means that Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr need your permission to post the Thunderclap message on December 9. This is the only post that Thunderclap will make.)
Read Tuesday is a Black Friday type of event just for book lovers. In 2014, it will be held on Tuesday, December 9, 2014.
It’s a great deal for readers and gift-givers.
Meet some of the participating authors here: https://readtuesday.com/meet-the-authors.
It’s FREE promotion for authors. We’re promoting the event. You just need to sign up. (Use the forms above.)
- Readers can learn more here: https://readtuesday.com/readers.
- Authors can learn more here: https://readtuesday.com/authors. See below to sign up (it’s free).
- Gift-givers can learn how to gift e-books here: https://readtuesday.com/2014/11/19/gifting-e-books-for-the-holidays. There will also be print books participating in Read Tuesday, as well as Amazon’s MatchBook (which lets you gift a print book and keep a copy on your Kindle for free).
SIGN UP (for AUTHORS)
Authors can participate in Read Tuesday for FREE:
- Create a Kindle promotional price that includes Tuesday, December 9. Submit a Kindle promotion here.
- Create a Smashwords discount code. Submit a Smashwords discount code.
- Create a CreateSpace discount code. Submit a CreateSpace discount code.
- Create a MatchBook offer with a free Kindle price. Submit your free MatchBook offer here.
- Create a free print book giveaway. Submit a free print book giveaway here.
- After completing one of the forms above, you’re eligible to become part of the Meet-the-Authors page: Sign up for the Meet the Author Page.
- More opportunities to participate are coming. Check back soon.
Submission is easy and should go smoothly—you just fill out a Google Docs form. However, if you encounter any issues, have questions, receive an error message, or see a symptom that might suggest that your information didn’t save, please use the Contact Us form on the Read Tuesday website.
READ TUESDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2014
Give the gift of reading this holiday season.
Chris McMullen, founder of Read Tuesday
Follow Read Tuesday (@ReadTuesday) on Twitter
Like the Read Tuesday page at Facebook