Here is an example of one of many book-related deals that will be available on Read Tuesday, December 9, 2014.
Buy The Crisis of Our Time (book) by author Dr. John Carvalho and get a free album (cd), Dawn of Momentum by Kris Searle, free.
This offer will be valid for purchases made between December 9-10. (It may also be available from now until December 2.) See the following link for details:
We will have many other great book deals on Read Tuesday, December 9, including:
- free Kindle e-books
- discounted Kindle e-books
- Smashwords discount codes
- buy the print edition at Amazon and get the Kindle edition free
- CreateSpace discount codes
- free review copies
A wide variety of books and authors are participating.
You can see a sample of participating authors here:
We’ll be posting the Read Tuesday catalog soon (early December).
Mark your calendars for December 9, 2014. It’s almost here. Don’t miss out.
Read Tuesday is a Black Friday type of event just for book lovers.
It’s not just about great book prices. It’s also about promoting literacy and the joy of reading.
Meet some of the participating authors here: https://readtuesday.com/meet-the-authors.
It’s FREE promotion for authors. We’re promoting the event. You just need to sign up. (Use the forms above.)
For example, we have a ThunderClap promotion for the event with a social reach of nearly 400,000 (with over a week to greatly improve this figure—see below to learn how you can contribute; every contribution helps and is much appreciated).
- Readers can learn more here: https://readtuesday.com/readers.
- Authors can learn more here: https://readtuesday.com/authors. See below to sign up (it’s free).
- Gift-givers can learn how to gift e-books here: https://readtuesday.com/2014/11/19/gifting-e-books-for-the-holidays. There will also be print books participating in Read Tuesday, as well as Amazon’s MatchBook (which lets you gift a print book and keep a copy on your Kindle for free).
HELP SPREAD THE WORD
Please support the Read Tuesday Thunderclap. This will help spread awareness on the morning of Read Tuesday (December 9, 2014).
It’s easy to help:
- Visit http://thndr.it/1CkO2Bg.
- Click Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr and sign in.
- Customize the message. (Optional.)
- Agree to the terms. All that will happen is that the Thunderclap post about Read Tuesday will go out the morning of December 9.
- (The warning message simply means that Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr need your permission to post the Thunderclap message on December 9. This is the only post that Thunderclap will make.)
SIGN-UP (for AUTHORS)
Authors can participate in Read Tuesday for FREE.
You can still sign up (this post was written on November 30), but time is running out.
- Create a Kindle promotional price that includes Tuesday, December 9. Submit a Kindle promotion here.
- Create a Smashwords discount code. Submit a Smashwords discount code.
- Create a CreateSpace discount code. Submit a CreateSpace discount code.
- Create a MatchBook offer with a free Kindle price. Submit your free MatchBook offer here.
- Create a free print book giveaway. Submit a free print book giveaway here.
- After completing one of the forms above, you’re eligible to become part of the Meet-the-Authors page: Sign up for the Meet the Author Page.
- More opportunities to participate are coming. Check back soon.
Submission is easy and should go smoothly—you just fill out a Google Docs form. However, if you encounter any issues, have questions, receive an error message, or see a symptom that might suggest that your information didn’t save, please use the Contact Us form on the Read Tuesday website.
MORE ABOUT THE FREE CD
Special holiday offer: http://www.drjohncarvalho.com/new-articles/holiday-special-offer.
Dr. John Carvalho’s author website: http://www.drjohncarvalho.com.
Kris Searle’s musician website: http://www.krissearle.com.
The Crisis of Our Time book page at Amazon.com: http://amzn.com/B00LY8T5H6.
READ TUESDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2014
Give the gift of reading this holiday season.
Chris McMullen, founder of Read Tuesday
Follow Read Tuesday (@ReadTuesday) on Twitter
Like the Read Tuesday page at Facebook