Read Tuesday is a Black Friday type of event just for book lovers on December 9, 2014.
The preliminary Read Tuesday catalog is now up: https://readtuesday.com/countdown-deals.
Presently, this only shows Kindle Countdown Deals, temporary Kindle price reductions, and Kindle freebies.
Some of the offers start early, so you may actually be able to buy some of the books already. Note the begin and end dates for each offer.
Smashwords discount codes, giveaways, MatchBook offers, and other deals haven’t been posted yet. These catalogs will post later today or tomorrow, most likely.
The preliminary catalog needs a little work (formatting and organization, for example). Expect to see a few subtle improvements later tonight.
Authors, please check your listings. (If you didn’t submit a Kindle promotion, then you won’t find your book on this catalog; you’ll have to wait for the catalog you submitted to.) If you find any problems, please let me know.
Do you have a UK offer?
If your book is listed in the preliminary catalog and you also have a UK offer, please give me the reg. and sale prices for your UK offer (and the ASIN of your book), and I’ll add this to the catalog when I get a chance.
Authors: No, it’s not yet too late to sign up. Participation is free. See below for details.
You can still sign up, but time is running out.
There are many ways to participate. Almost all authors should be able to find at least one way to sign up.
Choose one of the Google Docs forms below, complete the form, and you’re signed up. Easy peasy.
You can still sign up (this post was written on December 2), but time is running out.
- Create a Kindle promotional price that includes Tuesday, December 9. Submit a Kindle promotion here.
- Create a Smashwords discount code. Submit a Smashwords discount code.
- Create a CreateSpace discount code. Submit a CreateSpace discount code.
- Create a MatchBook offer with a free Kindle price. Submit your free MatchBook offer here.
- Create a free print book giveaway. Submit a free print book giveaway here.
- After completing one of the forms above, you’re eligible to become part of the Meet-the-Authors page: Sign up for the Meet the Author Page.
Submission is easy and should go smoothly—you just fill out a Google Docs form. However, if you encounter any issues, have questions, receive an error message, or see a symptom that might suggest that your information didn’t save, please use the Contact Us form on the Read Tuesday website.
You can submit more than one book. You can sign up with more than one method.
Know fellow authors? Please tell a friend. But hurry: Time is running out!
HELP SPREAD THE WORD
Please support the Read Tuesday Thunderclap. This will help spread awareness on the morning of Read Tuesday (December 9, 2014).
It’s easy to help:
- Visit http://thndr.it/1CkO2Bg.
- Click Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr and sign in.
- Customize the message. (Optional.)
- Agree to the terms. All that will happen is that the Thunderclap post about Read Tuesday will go out the morning of December 9.
- (The warning message simply means that Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr need your permission to post the Thunderclap message on December 9. This is the only post that Thunderclap will make.)
READ TUESDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2014
Give the gift of reading this holiday season.
Chris McMullen, founder of Read Tuesday
Follow Read Tuesday (@ReadTuesday) on Twitter
Like the Read Tuesday page at Facebook