READ TUESDAY DEALS
Love to read books? Wish there were a Black Friday just for books? There is! Read Tuesday, December 9, 2014.
Browse the preliminary Kindle catalog for great deals: https://readtuesday.com/countdown-deals
Prefer another format? Check out the Smashwords discount codes: https://readtuesday.com/smashwords
There are some incredible deals in there—like the romance omnibus shown above, reg. $9.99, now 99 cents (90% off), available for preorder, currently 495 Paid in the Kindle store. I really like this year’s selection; there are many very good books. I’m looking forward to shopping myself.
I thought that my new self-publishing boxed set was a good deal (I lowered it to $2.99 today—get 4 books, 628 pages, for less than the price of 1; sold separately, it costs $17), but that romance collection knocks the socks off of my deal.
There are many other great books at great prices. Check them out.
And more deals are coming soon, like “Buy the print edition for a gift, keep the e-book for yourself free.”
Plus, these are just the preliminary catalogs. More books will be added soon.
Note the start and end dates for each offer. Some of the books are already on sale; many will go on sale prior to Dec. 9.
Authors: Please check your catalog listings. If you have any corrections to offer, please add a comment below. (Feel free to repeat a request that you may have made earlier, if needed.)
We’re still working on perfecting the catalogs. The Smashwords page currently doesn’t have images. A few of the images on the Kindle page are tiny. And we’re still putting together more catalogs. We’re working it.
You can still sign up, but time is running out.
There are many ways to participate. Almost all authors should be able to find at least one way to sign up.
Choose one of the Google Docs forms below, complete the form, and you’re signed up. Easy peasy.
You can still sign up (this post was written on December 2), but time is running out.
- Create a Kindle promotional price that includes Tuesday, December 9. Submit a Kindle promotion here.
- Create a Smashwords discount code. Submit a Smashwords discount code.
- Create a CreateSpace discount code. Submit a CreateSpace discount code.
- Create a MatchBook offer with a free Kindle price. Submit your free MatchBook offer here.
- Create a free print book giveaway. Submit a free print book giveaway here.
- After completing one of the forms above, you’re eligible to become part of the Meet-the-Authors page: Sign up for the Meet the Author Page.
Submission is easy and should go smoothly—you just fill out a Google Docs form. However, if you encounter any issues, have questions, receive an error message, or see a symptom that might suggest that your information didn’t save, please use the Contact Us form on the Read Tuesday website.
You can submit more than one book. You can sign up with more than one method.
Know fellow authors? Please tell a friend. But hurry: Time is running out!
HELP SPREAD THE WORD
Please support the Read Tuesday Thunderclap. This will help spread awareness on the morning of Read Tuesday (December 9, 2014).
It’s easy to help:
- Visit http://thndr.it/1CkO2Bg.
- Click Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr and sign in.
- Customize the message. (Optional.)
- Agree to the terms. All that will happen is that the Thunderclap post about Read Tuesday will go out the morning of December 9.
- (The warning message simply means that Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr need your permission to post the Thunderclap message on December 9. This is the only post that Thunderclap will make.)
READ TUESDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2014
Give the gift of reading this holiday season.
Chris McMullen, founder of Read Tuesday
Follow Read Tuesday (@ReadTuesday) on Twitter
Like the Read Tuesday page at Facebook