Read Tuesday is a Black Friday type of event just for book lovers on Tuesday, December 9, 2014. More than that, it’s about the spreading the joy of reading and improving literacy.
What’s better than a great deal on a good book? How about a free print book?
We recently added the preliminary catalog for free print books here:
We also updated the catalog for Kindle sale prices,
and for Smashwords discount codes,
We’ll be adding catalogs for CreateSpace discount codes and for Buy-the-print-edition-from-Amazon-and-get-the-Kindle-edition-for free (great for giving a print book as a gift and keeping the Kindle for yourself) on Friday. (I wanted to get these out Thursday, but I haven’t had time to add my own books to these catalogs. Sorry for the delay.)
The catalogs need a little tweaking (organization, formatting). We’re getting there.
We will close submissions soon. So, authors, if you want to participate, get your books added by Saturday, December 6.
Authors: If you spot any problems, please leave a comment (it’s okay to repeat a comment—our focus is on getting it right).
Shoppers: If something doesn’t seem right or if you encounter any issues, please let us know.
Sign up no later than Saturday, December 6. The sooner, the better. Then check on the 7th to make sure it’s in the catalog (by the end of the day, Sunday).
There are many ways to participate. Almost all authors should be able to find at least one way to sign up.
Choose one of the Google Docs forms below, complete the form, and you’re signed up. Easy peasy.
- Create a Kindle promotional price that includes Tuesday, December 9. Submit a Kindle promotion here.
- Create a Smashwords discount code. Submit a Smashwords discount code.
- Create a CreateSpace discount code. Submit a CreateSpace discount code.
- Create a MatchBook offer with a free Kindle price. Submit your free MatchBook offer here.
- Create a free print book giveaway. Submit a free print book giveaway here.
- After completing one of the forms above, you’re eligible to become part of the Meet-the-Authors page: Sign up for the Meet the Author Page.
Submission is easy and should go smoothly—you just fill out a Google Docs form. However, if you encounter any issues, have questions, receive an error message, or see a symptom that might suggest that your information didn’t save, please use the Contact Us form on the Read Tuesday website.
You can submit more than one book. You can sign up with more than one method.
Know fellow authors? Please tell a friend. But hurry: Time is running out!
HELP SPREAD THE WORD
Please support the Read Tuesday Thunderclap. This will help spread awareness on the morning of Read Tuesday (December 9, 2014).
It’s easy to help:
- Visit http://thndr.it/1CkO2Bg.
- Click Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr and sign in.
- Customize the message. (Optional.)
- Agree to the terms. All that will happen is that the Thunderclap post about Read Tuesday will go out the morning of December 9.
- (The warning message simply means that Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr need your permission to post the Thunderclap message on December 9. This is the only post that Thunderclap will make.)
READ TUESDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2014
Give the gift of reading this holiday season.
Chris McMullen, founder of Read Tuesday
Follow Read Tuesday (@ReadTuesday) on Twitter
Like the Read Tuesday page at Facebook