FINDING BOOK DEALS
Read Tuesday is a Black Friday type of event just for book lovers on December 9. (Almost here! In fact, many of the books are already on sale.)
The first step toward finding amazing book deals is to browse the Read Tuesday catalog (see below).
Don’t worry: You won’t make purchases at Read Tuesday. You buy books at major retailers, like Amazon and Smashwords, as usual. Read Tuesday is just here to help readers (and gift givers) find good books at great prices, and to help authors and publishers find readers.
When browsing one of the Read Tuesday catalog pages, try pressing Ctrl + F. This works on Mozilla FireFox, for example, by opening a Find box in the bottom left corner of the screen, but when I try it on Internet Explorer, the Find box appears at the top, so it may vary.
Try typing a keyword, like mystery or fantasy (or paranormal romance) into the Find box and it will find every instance of that word on that catalog page. You can also advance from one result to another. If you know an author who is participating in Read Tuesday, try typing the author’s name in the box (or just the last name). Or if you know of a specific book on sale on Read Tuesday, type the title of the book (or just a couple of words in order) in the Find box.
For Kindle books, copy the ASIN number of the book into the search field at Amazon to quickly pull up its product page at Amazon. Other catalog pages, like Smashwords and CreateSpace, include direct links that you can simply click.
Note that the Read Tuesday catalogs will be expanded sometime Sunday, December 7, as the final submissions will be added to the catalogs. (Authors: Use the Ctrl + F option to quickly find your own books and double-check the catalog listings.)
We may also improve the catalogs somewhat to help organize them better (and we may add a few subcatalogs, e.g. to help quickly find children’s or teen books).
(Authors may want to note that submissions close at the end of the day on December 6.)
There are 5 different catalogs, depending on your needs:
(1) Prefer Kindle books? Find Kindle deals here:
(2) Prefer print books? Check out our catalog for CreateSpace discount codes (or see Options 4 and 5 below):
(3) Rather shop at Smashwords? Find discount codes here:
(4) Here is a great gift option: Buy-the-print-book-get-the-Kindle-free offers. Don’t you wish you could receive a free book for yourself every time you gave one as a gift? Well, here’s your chance!
(5) How about free print books? A few of these are contests, like Goodreads giveaways. Others are authors who have a limited number of free review copies to give away.
Want to meet some of the participating Read Tuesday authors? Check out the Meet-the-Authors page:
HELP SPREAD THE WORD
Please support the Read Tuesday Thunderclap. This will help spread awareness on the morning of Read Tuesday (December 9, 2014).
It’s easy to help:
- Visit http://thndr.it/1CkO2Bg.
- Click Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr and sign in.
- Customize the message. (Optional.)
- Agree to the terms. All that will happen is that the Thunderclap post about Read Tuesday will go out the morning of December 9.
- (The warning message simply means that Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr need your permission to post the Thunderclap message on December 9. This is the only post that Thunderclap will make.)
READ TUESDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2014
Give the gift of reading this holiday season.
Chris McMullen, founder of Read Tuesday
Follow Read Tuesday (@ReadTuesday) on Twitter
Like the Read Tuesday page at Facebook