Soon, Tuesday, December 9, 2014 will be history. Read Tuesday is an annual event like Black Friday, but for book lovers.
If you missed it, there may still be hope:
- First, if you’re reading this post on the night of December 9, there might still be a few hours left.
- Second, many of the participating books are on sale for one or more days beyond Read Tuesday, so some books might still be on sale. (This is a wise practice for authors to pick up a few latecomers to the party.)
- Third, if you’re really late, there is always 2015. Maybe you’re not a week late. Maybe you’re 51 weeks early. Buy yourself a 2015 calendar and circle Tuesday, December 8, 2015 so you don’t miss it next year.
- Fourth, we may have some other book sales going on during 2015. For example, we’re considering quarterly events. Follow the Read Tuesday blog or follow us on Twitter so you don’t miss out.
In case you happen to read this post when one of the first two options apply, following are the links to the Read Tuesday catalog pages.
READ TUESDAY CATALOG
Did you know that e-books can be gifted? Learn how here.
Choose one of the following pages, depending on your interests:
(1) Kindle Deals
These Kindle e-books are on sale. Find several low-priced deals (even freebies). Find all the Kindle deals here:
Specifically, if you want great deals on boxed sets, look here:
How about Kindle freebies? Look here:
(2) Buy the Print Book, Get the Kindle Edition Free (Great Gift Option)
These books take advantage of Amazon’s MatchBook tool, setting the MatchBook offer to free. First purchase the print edition at Amazon, then get the Kindle edition for free. Read the instructions at the top of this catalog (click the following link) to learn more (it includes pictures to help make sure that the MatchBook price will be free).
(3) Smashwords Coupon Codes
Prefer to buy e-books at Smashwords? Check out these discount codes (up to 100% off).
(4) Print Book Discount Codes (Paperbacks Make for Great Gifts)
These discount codes are valid at CreateSpace (an Amazon company, though the codes don’t work at Amazon, only at CreateSpace). Find discounts up to 40% off. The per-book shipping charges are more economical if you purchase multiple books (be sure to apply each discount code and check that the savings are applied to all of the books).
(5) Free Print Books
This includes two kinds of free print books. Some are Goodreads Giveaway contests that you can enter. Others are free review copies that authors have available (contact the author at the link provided to learn more).
Meet Some of the Authors
READ TUESDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2014
Give the gift of reading this holiday season.
Chris McMullen, founder of Read Tuesday
Follow Read Tuesday (@ReadTuesday) on Twitter
Like the Read Tuesday page at Facebook